October 16, 2009

As Halloween nears: an Ode to Readers of Poe

Well, Halloween 2009 nears, and the kitties have been quiet of late - no political grousings in verse form, plus, Mr. A. Cat is off on a mission unknown. Last evening, Chef Lim baked me a pan of flakey biscuits with Pearl Gravy to go with grilled Polka dot boxfish and Rosemary Potatoes.

So with Edgar Allan Poe's recent funeral in Baltimore - which at last gives the poet his due and honors the 160th anniversary of his death (Oct 7, 1849) - I have taken rhyming matters into my own paws and come up with an Ode to Readers of Poe, yet you don't have to be a Poe fan to read this brief and groanworthy verse.

But being in a Halloween mood can only help!

Jude, just the typist

~:~

Please drop by my two new Art Shops when you may: Blue Tiger Art and a Zazzle Shop featuring Dreamyfish Art botanical fish portraits and more. Placing my Art designs on practical stuff like T-Shirts, tote bags, mousepads, Keds shoes, neckties, and such is so much fun that I hope you enjoy a browse and find something you can use or wear! jc